Xiaomi introduced the Xiaomi 13 Ultra along with a portable speaker and a smart lamp at a China event. The speaker, named Xiaomi Sound Move, offers great sound quality for outdoor scenarios, while the smart lamp can be used for different indoor activities.
Xiaomi Sound Move
The Xiaomi Sound Move is designed with Quad double-symmetrical stereo structure and left and right high-resolution dual speakers to produce rich and full sound. It also features front and rear dual passive radiators to enhance resonance, resulting in a sound pressure of up to 90dB. The diaphragm is made of Carbon fiber and wool mixed material for high-frequency ductility of up to 20KHz.
This device is jointly tuned by The Xiaomi Acoustic Golden Ear team and Harman, using professional tuning of the HARMAN AudioEFX audio software, to provide a clear and balanced sound. It also supports three kinds of sound effects with independent selection, such as vocal adaptation, transient optimization, and ambient sound.
The Xiaomi Sound Move is lightweight and made with anodized aluminum material, which is strong and wear-resistant. The device can be held in one hand and carried easily with a detachable lanyard. It also features smart mode, Bluetooth dual mode pairing, Xiao AI for smart assistance support, and Bluetooth v5.3 with LHDC support.
With up to 21 hours of Bluetooth playback, the Xiaomi Sound Move also supports Type-C 22W fast charge, which can provide 3 hours of music playback with just a 15-minute charge. Additionally, it is IP66 certified for added durability.
Quick specifications: Xiaomi Sound Move
- Double-symmetrical stereo structure design,
- Tuned by Harman AudioEFX
- Buttons: Mic Off/On; Play/Pause; Increase/Decrease volume
- Multi-Color Light Indicator
- Maximum sound pressure: 90dB
- High frequency extension: 240kHz
- Speakers: 1.75″ full-range speakers x 2; Passive passive radiators x 2
- Speaker Rated Power: 7.5w x2
- Microphone: far-field voice wake-up; Xiao AI Assistant
- Others: G-sensor, Supports AirPlay2
- Connectivity: 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band; Bluetooth v5.3, support LHDC music playback; USB-C data cable wired connection
- Battery: 4150mAh; Battery life: Up to 21hrs
- Charging: supports 22W fast charge
- IP66 Water and Dust resistant
- Dimensions (LXWXH): 17.7cm x 5.55cm x 5.55cm; Weight: 568gms
Xiaomi Mijia Pipi Lamp
The Xiaomi Mijia Pipi Lamp is equipped with an Al interactive camera that can detect hand movements through a key point detection algorithm. This allows for low-latency gesture interaction in the air, enabling users to control their smart home devices with simple hand movements.
The Mijia Pipi Lamp also features Sensor less follow lighting, which means the lamp head will automatically follow the user’s hand movements. This feature is especially useful when working on creative projects that require a lot of hands-on work.
Additionally, the Mijia Pipi Lamp has an emotional feedback mechanism that allows it to display a range of emotional expressions. Users can interact with the lamp through touch or air control, and when the mood value exceeds a certain threshold, the lamp will display emotions such as calm, joy, sadness, anger, surprise, disgust, and fear.
Quick specifications: Xiaomi Mijia Pipi Lamp
- LED Smart Lamp
- Rated Power: 12W
- Lighting power: 5W (18×0.5W/LED)
- Lighting life: About 25,000 hours
- Luminous Flux: 170lm
- Al interactive camera
- Key point detection algorithm
- Emotional feedback mechanism
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi Sound Move is priced at CNY 699 yuan (US$101 / Rs. 8,335 approx.), while the Xiaomi Mijia Pipi Lamp is priced at CNY 499 yuan (US$72 / Rs. 5,950 approx.). These will be available for purchase from today in China.