Xiaomi just announced its Smart Band 8 after it surfaced online back in March. For the first time, the Smart Band 8 has a new quick-release mechanism and a sleek metallic texture, as well as two new middle frame colors: “light gold” and “bright black.” In addition to a variety of straps, Xiaomi offers a novel necklace-shaped strap and a leather strap for the band.
It has the same 1.62-inch AMOLED display as last year’s model. The display has a 192 x 490 pixel resolution, a pixel density of 326 PPI, and a maximum brightness of 600 nits. The Smart Band 8 boasts up to 150+ training modes, as well as a smart health assistant that includes capabilities like SpO2 monitoring, heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, and female period tracking.
A new running bean mode provides a more professional running experience. It can not only track conventional running data, but it can also provide 13 professional data such as stride frequency, stride length, ground contact vacancy ratio, ground impact force, and so on, as well as professional interpretation of various data. This functionality requires the use of running pods, professional training, and anytime running.
Xiaomi Smart Band 8 Specifications
- 1.62-inch (192×490 pixels) HD 2.5D Always-on AMOLED touch display, 326 PPI, Up to 600 nits of brightness
- Bluetooth 5.1 that connects to Android 6.0 and above and iOS 12.0 and above, NFC (NFC Edition only)
- 5ATM Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- Optical heart rate and blood oxygen sensor, six-axis motion sensor
- 150+ workout modes including professional courses such as running course, running bean mode, somatosensory boxing course, etc
- Continuous heart rate tracking, continuous blood oxygen saturation monitoring, as well as 24/7 sleep tracking, Female health tracking etc.
- Smart controls such as music control, remote camera control, quick message reply, incoming call alerts
- 100+ new watch faces with AOD support, includes Mars Super Wallpaper
- Dimensions: 48 × 22.5 × 10.99mm; Weight: 27g (including strap)
- 190mAh battery offers up to 16 days of battery life with typical usage, charging time of about 1 hour
Pricing and Availability:
- Xiaomi Smart Band 8 without NFC is priced at CNY 239 (US$ 35 / INR 2,850 approx.).
- Xiaomi Smart Band 8 with NFC is priced at CNY 279 (US$ 40 / INR 3,330 approx.)
Even though the band comes only in Black and White colours, the company offers different styles of straps separately. The Xiaomi Smart Band 8 is already on sale in China.