TECNO just introduced the Phantom V Fold, the company’s first foldable phone at the MWC 2023, as it had promised. It has a 7.85″ 2K+ foldable 10-120Hz LTPO AMOLED screen with 8:7 aspect ratio, 90% screen-to-body ratio, and the company says that it is virtually crease-free. There is a 6.42-inch 1080p secondary 120Hz 10-120Hz LTPO AMOLED screen with 21:9 aspect ratio, 91% screen-to-body ratio.
It has an aerospace-grade innovative drop-shaped hinge with exclusive fixed-axis rotate and slide technology, self-developed reverse snap structure that makes folding virtually seamless and crease-free, says the company. Tecno says it has high durability of over 200,000 folds.
The micro-curved secondary screen and the back makes it easy to hold, says Tecno. It comes in black colour made of skin-friendly classic leather and the white is crafted with renewable organic silicone leather. It is powered by Dimensity 9000+ SoC with 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB storage. It runs HiOS Fold with Split Screen, Parallel Windows, drag and drop across screens, and more optimized for a foldable screen.
Foldable customizations have been made to the top 1,000 apps with the highest download frequency globally, of which 90% have been adapted to support split-screen and multi-window modes. In total, over 2000 apps have been adapted for HiOS13 Fold, said the company
The phone has a 50MP rear camera along with a 13MP ultra-wide camera and a 50MP portrait camera. The outer screen has a 32MP camera and there is a 16MP camera on the inside. You can also use the front screen to shoot selfies with the rear camera. It has super night portrait, night mode, and super night 4K video features.
There is a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and the phone packs a 5000mAh battery with 45W fast charging that can charge up to 40% in 15 minutes and charges fully in 55 minutes.
TECNO PHANTOM V Fold 5G specifications
- 7.65-inch (2296 x 2000) 2K+ 10-120Hz LTPO AMOLED foldable display
- 6.42-inch (1080 x 2550) FHD+ 10-120Hz LTPO AMOLED outer display
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ processor with Mali-G710 MC10 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5X RAM, 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 13 with HiOS 13 Fold
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with 1/1.3″ sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 13MP ultra-120° wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 50MP 2x portrait telephoto camera, 20x digital zoom
- 32MP (outer) / 16MP (inner) front cameras
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 159.4×72 (fold) / 140.4 (unfold), 14.5-14.2mm (fold) / 6.8mm (unfold)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.3,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 45W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The TECNO Phantom V Fold 5G comes in Black and White colours, priced at Rs. 89,999 / $1099 for the 12GB + 256GB model and the 12GB + 512GB model costs Rs. 99,999 / $1222. There is an early bird price of Rs. 79,999 / $979 for the 12GB + 256GB model. It will be available in India in Q1 2023.
Introducing #PHANTOMVFold. Go #BeyondTheExtraordinary and unfold endless possibilities. #TECNO #MWC23 #TECNOxMWC23 pic.twitter.com/MaQUoNe0LR
— tecnomobile (@tecnomobile) February 28, 2023
Commenting on the launch, General Manager of TECNO, Jack Guo, said:
In launching PHANTOM V Fold, our first foldable smartphone, during our very first appearance at MWC, we re-affirm our commitment to innovation; to the continuous pursuit of the next great technologies; and to empowering people, all around global frontier markets, to live beyond the extraordinary.