Xiaomi has silently introduced the Redmi A2 and A2+, the company’s latest budget smartphones and the successors to last year’s Redmi A1 and A1+ smartphones, after the A2 surfaced last month. The phone retains a 6.52″ HD+ LCD screen, but this replaces the Helio A22 quad-core SoC with an Octa-Core Helio G36.
It runs stock Android 12 Go Edition, has a 8MP rear camera along with a secondary depth sensor, 5MP front camera, has a leather-like design and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 10W charging. The A2 Plus has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Redmi A2 and A2+ specifications
- 6.52-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ IPS LCD screen
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G36 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 @ 680MHz GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR4X RAM, 32GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 (Go Edition)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner (A2+ only)
- Dimensions: 164.9×76.75×9.09mm;Weight: 192g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB port
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
The Redmi A2 and Redmi A2+ come in Light Blue, Light Green and Black colours. The phones are listed on the official website, but we should know the price and availability soon.