nubia today announced the nubia Z50 Ultra, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in China after the Z50 launch in December. It has a 6.8-inch FHD+ 120Hz FHD+ AMOLED screen, is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC with up to 16GB of LPDDR5X RAM and up to 1TB UFS 4.0 storage. The phone has 4212mm² VC cooling and brand-new VC segmented bionic design, which improves the heat equalization effect by 4 times.
The phone users the brand’s fourth-generation off-screen camera technology. The pixel density of the selfie camera area is 400ppi. It has a UDC Pro+ chip specially used to power screen display, which can run 1×1 independent pixel drive. The 16MP camera under the display has a composite pixel size of 2.24μm and an f/2.0 aperture. The selfie and video effects are said to be significantly improved over the previous generation.
There are triple rear cameras that include a 64MP main camera with custom Sony IMX787 flagship sensor and offers 35mm equivalent portrait focal length. There is a 50MP 14mm ultrawide camera with macro option, and there is also a 85mm 64MP periscope portrait telephoto camera.
The phone comes in AG glass back, and there is a Starlight AG glass model that uses nanoscale photolithographic texture, combined with 3D star diamond technology, to reproduce the strokes of famous oil paintings to the greatest extent. The phone has a 5000mAh battery with 80W fast charging.
nubia Z50 Ultra specifications
- 6.8-inch (2480 × 1116 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio flexible curved screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 960Hz touch sampling rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit color depth, up to 1500 nits brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB / 512GB / 1TB (UFS 4.0) storage
- Android 13 with MyOS 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP primary camera with LED flash, f/1.6 aperture, Sony IMX787 sensor, OIS, 35mm lens, 50MP 116° ultrawide camera with Samsung JN1 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2cm macro, 50MP periscope telephoto camera with OmniVision OV64B sensor, 8K video recording
- 16MP under display front-facing camera with OmniVision OV16E1Q sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual smart PA, Stereo dual speakers, DTS: X Ultra
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 80W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Nubia Z50 Ultra comes in Black and Silver colours and is priced at 3999 yuan (US$ 577 / Rs. 47,240 approx.) for 8GB+256GB, 4299 yuan (US$ 620 / Rs. 50,775 approx.) for 12GB+256GB, 4699 yuan (US$ 678 / Rs. 55,500 approx.) for 12GB+512GB and the top-end 16GB+1TB version is priced at 5999 yuan (US$ 865 / Rs. 70,845 approx.).
The 12GB+512GB Starry Sky Collection is priced at 4,999 yuan (US$ 721 / Rs. 59,040 approx.). It is now available to order and the phone will go on sale in China from March 14th.