London-based consumer tech company Nothing just introduced the ear (stick), the company’s second true wireless earbuds, as it had promised. It still has a transparent design, but comes in a new charging case that twists to open. It has a half in-ear design and has been tested in 100 pairs of ears and has a 4.4g light-weight design, says the company. However, it doesn’t have ANC.
The earbuds promise Vivid Sound with rich depths, clear highs and bold details that are beautifully balanced at any frequency with minimal distortion, thanks to the new custom 12.6mm dynamic driver. The Smart software detects bass loss as you wear the earbuds, tuning the equalizer curve to the optimal level, offering a perfectly punchy depth.
The Nothing Ear (1) app has been rebranded to “Nothing X” and brings customizable EQ, Bass Lock, Low lag gaming mode, and more. On the Phone (1) devices, you can these features directly from the Quick Settings.
The earbuds promise 7 hours of playback and up to 29 hours of total playback with the case. It also offers ultra-fast charging, so a 10 minutes charge delivers up to 9 hours of listening. The case doesn’t have wireless charging like the Ear 1.
Nothing Ear (Stick) specifications
- 12.6mm dynamic driver, PEN (Polyethylene Naphthalate) + PU (Polyurethane) Diaphragm
- Bluetooth 5.2, AAC and SBC codec, compatible with Android 5.1 and later and iOS 11 and later, supports Google Fast Pair
- Clear Voice Technology
- Dust and water-resistant (IP54)
- Dimensions Earbud: 29.8 x18.8x 18.4mm;Charging case: 87.1×29.8×29.8mm
- Weight: Earbud: 4.4g; Charging box: 46.3g
- Buds offers up to 7 hours music playback, up to 3h talk time, 29h playback and 12h talk time with the charging case, Fast charging – 10 mins for 9 hours of total playback
Pricing and availability
The Nothing Ear (Stick) comes in White colour and is priced at Rs. 8499. It will be available from Flipkart and Myntra starting from November 17th. In the US, it is priced at $99 (Rs. 8,115 approx.) and will be available from November 4th.