Western Digital India has launched new innovations from its SanDisk Professional brand for content creators and professionals. The goal of launching these innovative storage solutions is to help content creators deal with one of the most difficult problems of our time: managing content.
SanDisk Professional PRO-G40TM SSD, G-RAIDTM Shuttle SSD, G-DRIVE Enterprise-Class Desktop Hard Drive, and PRO-DOCK 4, a 4-bay reader docking station, are among the seven new products released in India.
SanDisk Professional offers high-performance, scalable, and reliable solutions to help creators realize their dreams. It helps handle production assets effectively and reliably, from capturing and transferring to editing and archiving. Last year, Western Digital launched the Elements SE external SSD with up to 400MB/s read speeds in India.
SanDisk Professional PRO-G40 SSD
With an IP68 rating, the PRO-G40 SSD is the company’s most rugged product to date. It lets professionals get right into the action wherever their work or vision takes them.
- The new product has a Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gbps) interface and read/write speeds of 2700 MB/s and 1900 MB/s, respectively. The cold aluminium core helps maintain super-fast transfer speeds over time.
- Dual-mode Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gbps) and USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) compatibility over a single port increases efficiency.
- The PRO-G40 SSD boasts a professional-grade enclosure that’s ready for any trip. It is extremely durable due to its IP68 dust and water resistance, 4000-pound (1800 kg) crush resistance, and 3-meter drop resistance.
SanDisk Professional G-RAID Shuttle SSD
Content professionals may access vast storage with the G-RAID Shuttle SSD, a portable 8-bay hardware RAID SSD solution with Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gbps) and USB-C (10 Gbps) connectors.
- High-performance solid-state storage to transport 4K, 8K, VR, HDR, and HFR footage in a single location.
- Thunderbolt 3 read speeds up to 2800 MB/s
- Designed for convenient transport between the production site and the studio for post-production
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports daisy-chain up to 5 devices.
SanDisk Professional G-DRIVE Enterprise-Class Desktop Hard Drive
The G-DRIVE Enterprise-Class Desktop Hard Drive with USB-C (10 Gbps) Interface offers ultra-reliable, high-capacity storage in a premium, elegant form for fast backup and access to your content.
- Use the USB-C (10 Gbps) connector to quickly back up or add more storage for HD images, videos, and music (22 TB capacity).
- The 7200RPM Ultrastar enterprise-class hard drive inside can handle demanding workloads and mission-critical content.
SanDisk Professional PRO-DOCK 4
The 4-bay reader docking station bridges capture and ingest with scalable offloading, saving time and money on multi-camera productions. Connect discs, displays, readers, and A/V devices to your computer to simplify productivity.
- Offload four SanDisk Professional PRO-READER devices simultaneously.
Thunderbolt (40 Gbps) connectivity speeds data transfers, daisy-chaining, and power delivery.
- SanDisk Professional PRO-DOCK 4 docking stations can attach to a DIT cart or other production gear.
More new products
Other new products include the SanDisk Professional PRO-BLADE TRANSPORT and SSD Mag, a versatile NVMe SSD mag and portable enclosure for the ultimate modular SSD ecosystem; and the SanDisk Professional PRO-READER SD and microSD, an ideal option for high-speed offloads that minimize downtime.
Pricing and availability
- The PRO-G40 SSD is priced at Rs. 34,999 in India and comes with a 5-year warranty.
- The G-RAID SHUTTLE SSD starts at Rs. 3,99,999 in India with a 5-year warranty.
- G-DRIVE Enterprise-Class Desktop Hard Drives come in 4TB, 6TB, 12TB, 18TB, and 22TB capacities and start at Rs. 19,999 with a 3-year warranty.
- The PRO-DOCK is priced at Rs. 34,999 and comes with a 3-year warranty.
All the above newly introduced products are available for purchase through the Western Digital Store (Andheri West), authorized SanDisk Professional retailers, e-tailers, and distributors across India.
Speaking on the new products, Jaganathan Chelliah, Senior Director-Marketing, India Middle East and TIA, Western Digital, said,
Western Digital believes digital content is the voice of the content creator manifested through technology. Captured or created content needs to be saved, transferred, off-loaded, shared, and archived. Our newly introduced SanDisk Professional brand enables content creators and professionals to ‘Create the Incredible’. SanDisk Professional offers a range of purpose-built storage solutions to harmonize every step of that process.
Commenting on the new products, Khalid Wani, Senior Director- Sales, India, Western Digital said,
At Western Digital, we are constantly innovating and introducing storage solutions to help creators at every step of the process to capture the extraordinary. Our professional-grade portfolio under SanDisk Professional Brand allows us to offer premium solutions to the growing community of creators.