HONOR today introduced the HONOR Magic5 Ultimate Edition in China, along with the Magic5 and the Magic5 Pro models that were introduced at the MWC last week. This retains the same 6.81-inch 120Hz OLED LTPO Adaptive Dynamic Refresh Rate screen, and is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC, but this has a nano-ceramic curved glass on the front, which improves the drop resistance by 10 times.
It has the same 50MP triple rear cameras along with a 12MP + 3D depth face unlock cameras, but the rear camera design is in octagonal shape. HONOR said that the phone has self-developed C1 RF enhancement chip, which is also present in the Magic 5 Pro, so the mobile reception is increased by 35%, the Wi-Fi speed is increased by up to 200%, and the delay can be reduced by up to 90%. This is especially useful in the underground garages, shopping malls, subways and more areas.
The phone has a leather back and packs a larger 5,450mAh battery compared to the 5,100mAh in the Pro while maintaining the same size. HONOR said that this uses “Qinghai Lake” battery, which is a silicon carbon anode battery that has 12.8% higher energy density compared to lithium batteries.
HONOR Magic5 Ultimate Edition Specifications
- 6.81-inch FHD+ (1312×2848 pixels) 120Hz LTPO (1-120Hz) Quad-Curved OLED Floating Screen with 19.54:9 Aspect Ratio; HDR10+, IMAX Enhanced Certified, 2160Hz High-Frequency PWM Dimming, nano ceramic glass
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 16GB RAM, 512GB storage
- Dual SIM
- Magic UI 7.1 (Based on Android 13)
- Rear Cameras: 50MP Wide Main Camera (f/1.6)+50MP +50MP Ultra Wide Camera (f/2.0)+50MP+Periscope Telephoto Camera (f/3.0, 3.5x Optical Zoom, 100x Digital Zoom, OIS); Support for 4K video recording; Rear single LED flash
- Front Cameras: 12MP Front Camera + 3D Depth Camera which supports 3D face unlock; Support 4K (3840×2160) video recording
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
- Dimensions: 162.9×76.7×8.77mm; Weight: 217g
- Dual Stereo Speakers with DTS:X Ultra sound effects
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / AGPS / GLONASS / BeiDou / Galileo, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5450mAh (typical) battery with 66W wired and 50W wireless HONOR SuperCharge Support
Pricing and availability
The HONOR Magic5 Ultimate Edition comes in Elegant black and Burning Orange colours and is priced at 6,699 yuan (US$ 966 / Rs. 79,165 approx.) for the single 16GB + 512GB model. There is a gift box with a Mont Blanc custom protective case at a price of 7,499 yuan (US$ 1082 / Rs. 88,645 approx.).
It is available to order from today, and will go on sale in China from March 10th.