GIGABYTE, a leading maker of motherboards, graphics cards, and other hardware, has unveiled the AORUS Gen5 10000 SSD in the M.2 2280 form factor. Recently, the firm launched new G5 series gaming laptops in India.
AORUS Gen5 10000 SSD PCIe 5.0
The AORUS Gen5 10000 SSD features the latest PCIe 5.0 controller and ultra-fast 3D-TLC NAND flash, offering 40% improved performance compared to PCIe 4.0 SSDs. The separate design of the SSD and heatsink provides more flexibility in system builds and thermal options, and the SSD monitoring feature allows users to monitor performance, thermal stability, and capability in real-time using Gigabyte’s exclusive GCC application.
The AORUS Gen5 10000 SSD supports the latest PCIe 5.0 technology on new motherboards, offering increased bandwidth and transfer performance.
- It comes equipped with the Phison PS5026-E26 8-channel controller, providing superior random read speed control.
- With its 3D-TLC NAND Flash and built-in LPDDR4 cache, the AORUS Gen5 10000 SSD delivers 10 GB/s ultra-fast access speed, a 40% improvement over its predecessor.
- Compatible with PCIe 5.0 on AMD and Intel platforms, the AORUS Gen5 10000 SSD provides top-notch performance for content creators, gamers, and those seeking extreme performance.
- The SSD monitoring feature of Gigabyte’s exclusive GCC app gives users real-time status updates for optimizing the AORUS Gen5 10000 SSD’s performance.
- The AORUS Gen5 10000 SSD has a unique packaging design that separates the SSD and heatsink, giving users the flexibility to choose between using the built-in heatsink on their motherboard or the included heatsink to meet their thermal needs.
The AORUS Gen5 10000 SSD has an NVMe M.2 interface design and requires a GIGABYTE PCIe 5.0 supported motherboard to reach its maximum read speed of 10 GB/s. GIGABYTE motherboards, optimized and verified through professional R&D adjustments and monitoring software, provide the best platform for the AORUS Gen5 10000 SSD.
The R&D team continues to work on new NAND Flash IC and components with the goal of reaching a read speed of 12 GB/s. Once these components are ready, users can take advantage of GIGABYTE’s superior product to unlock the full potential of PCIe 5.0 SSDs.
Quick specifications: AORUS Gen5 10000 SSD PCIe 5.0
- Interface: PCI-Express 5.0 x4, NVMe 2.0
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Total Capacity: 1000GB
- NAND: 3D TLC NAND Flash
- External DDR Cache: LPDDR4 2GB
- Sequential Read speed: Up to 9,500 MB/s
- Sequential Write speed: UP to 8,500 MB/s
- Dimension: SSD without Heatsink: 80 x 22 x 2.3 mm; SSD with Heatsink: 92 x 23.5 x 44.7 mm
- Mean time between failure (MTBF): 1.6 million hours
- Power Consumption (Active): Read: <10W ; Write: <10W
- Power Consumption (Idle): <85mW
- Temperature (Operating): 0°C to 70°C
- Temperature (Storage): -40°C to 85°C
- Warranty: Limited 5-years or 700TBW
Pricing and availability
The price and availability of the AORUS Gen5 10000 SSD have yet to be announced.