Convert photos to PDF on iPhone and iPad: The photos (also known as images or pictures) stored on your iPhone and iPad are usually saved in different formats or file types like JPEG, JPG, PNG, HEIC, etc. Although these formats are usable on other platforms, sometimes you might want to convert a photo on your iPhone to PDF format.
Photos converted to PDFs can easily be sued for paper-work documentation, classwork, etc. So, in this how-to guide, I’ll be sharing with you 4 ways you can easily convert photos to PDF on iPhone and iPad.
Three Ways to Convert Photos to PDF on iPhone and iPad
1. Convert pictures to PDF on iPhone using Printer Option
To use this method on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Open Photos on your iPhone and click Albums.
- Choose the picture or pictures you wish to convert to PDF
- Click on Share from the available option
- Click on Print
- Using two fingers on the photo preview, pinch outwards to save the photo as a PDF.
2. Convert Photos to PDF on iPhone and iPad using the Files App
For this step, the photos you wish to convert to PDF must be available in the Files App. If the photos are not, please move them to the Files App.
- Open the Files App and click on the image you wish to convert.
- To convert a single image to PDF, you should long press the image and choose to Create PDF from the list of options that pops up.
- To convert multiple images to PDF: click the Three Dots on the top right corner of the Files App and click on Select
- Now, select multiple photos and tap the Three Dots on the bottom right and choose to Create PDF.
Once this is done, the new PDF file will be saved in the same folder as the original photo was saved on the File App. You can decide to copy, move, or share the PDF file if you like.
3. Convert pictures to PDF on iPhone using the PDF scanner app
Another good way to convert photos to PDF is using a PDF scanner app. There is lots of such app on the Apple App store. All you have to enter the Apple App store and search for PDF scanner. Note that different apps have different settings and interfaces. But the photo to PDF conversion procedure is pretty much the same in all the Apps. Follow the steps below once you install a PDF scanner app
- Open the PDF Scanner App on your iPhone.
- Click on the Import Files button (it’s usually a Plus + sign).
- Choose the Import From Sources option to import images from the cloud or the Files app.
- The image will automatically be saved as a PDF after it’s processed
- You can email, message, or share the newly created PDF file, by clicking the Upload/Share icon/button.
Note that you can use the steps above to convert photos on your iPad if you’re able to download a PDF scanner app on your iPad. So, converting photos to PDFs on your iPhone and iPad is a little technical but it’s easy. The first attempt might be tricky but with time, you’ll get used to it and it becomes easier.
These are the three easier ways you can convert photos to PDF on iPhone and iPad. If you have any questions or difficulties, please use the comment section below or send us a message using the Contact Us page.